Uniform and Behaviour Issues
1. The Madrasah uniform for girls is black jabbah/abaya, with black or white headscarves. No other coloured headscarves are allowed. For boys, jabbah/kurta and trousers, preferably white.2. The Madrasah will not accept the wearing of sportswear and jeans. Any child coming into Madrasah wearing such clothing will be given a verbal warning.3.All children must come to Madrasah in a clean and tidy fashion.4. All boys must cover their heads with a “topee,” preferably white. This excludes wearing of hats or caps5. Madrasah hair policy - no hair styles will be allowed. This includes any haircut which is unequal. If a child is found to have unequal hair, they will be sent home until their hair is cut to equal length. Any Madrasah teaching the Quran and the Sunnah must follow Islamic morals and principles they teach.6. We are a teaching establishment, which educates Islamic values as a way of life, so therefore Islamic values are encouraged by the Madrasah. This includes appropriate dress code, hairstyles and most importantly, etiquettes and behaviour.7. Under no circumstance whatsoever should a child be in possession of a mobile phone whilst in Madrasah. If any child is found to be in possession of a phone, it will be confiscated and the parents will be contacted accordingly. Phones are a distraction to children whilst they are in class. If there is a need to contact your child then do so, on the Madrasah phone (01772 885838).
Attendance and Absences
1. Madrasah begins at 5.15pm. Please ensure your child is in their class by this time, as the Madrasah doors will be closed at 5.15pm. Classes 1 & 2 will start at 6.15pm
2. Do not send your child to Madrasah before 5.10pm.
3. Classes 1 & 2 finish at 7.10pm. All other classes finish at 7.15pm.
4. Please ensure you are on time in collecting your child.
5. Absences are detrimental to your child’s learning. Hence, please endeavour to make sure your child is not absent for even one day of Madrasah. Absences will have an effect on the overall end of year examination mark.
6. The Madrasah should be notified in advance of any absences. If your child is going to be absent please can you notify the office after 5pm (01772 885838). A letter must also be provided on return for our records.
7. A holiday list is given out at the beginning of the Madrasah year, please book your holidays accordingly. Holiday during Madrasah terms is detrimental to your child’s education.
8. Absences over 15 days will result in a fine.
1. If you know beforehand that your child is going to be late, then please call the Head teacher (01772 885838) or inform the Madrasah in writing.
2. Five lateness’s in a month will equal to an absence. This will have an effect on the overall end of year examination mark.
3. The Madrasah strongly discourages extra-curricular activities in Madrasah times, as this can have a very negative impact on your child’s learning. Homework Diaries
The purpose of homework diaries is so that the teacher and parents can interact and communicate with one another about the child’s lessons, progress and behaviour.
Please ensure the diaries are signed on a daily basis so you are aware of your child’s progress as well as providing feedback for the teacher of progress at home. The class teacher will contact those parents who do not regularly sign diaries.
If the diary is lost then another one should be bought immediately.
Parents Evening 1. Parents’ Evening will be held twice in the year. Please check the holiday list for the exact dates.
2. Parents will be notified of the time allocated closer to the time.
3. It is imperative that Parents including mothers and sisters attend the Parents Evening. However, mothers and sisters must attend with a Mahram.
4. Parents Evening is to discuss your child’s progress in the classroom. 5. Those Parents who do not attend Parents evening, will not be provided with their child’s marks and reports at the end of the year.
1. Parents are requested to observe safety regulations at all times.
2. Parking outside the Madrasah on the double yellow lines is not permitted at any time.
3. Please park on West Cliff/Hartington/Lauderdale St and then walk to the Madrasah.
4. If the Madrasah is walking distance from home, please try to come on foot, to reduce traffic and congestion problems.
5. A policy is in place for those who park illegally. This policy will be implemented for those who consistently offend and park on double yellow lines